First, make sure you get the Cloud Controller installed on a Virtual Machine or purchase a Cloud Controller from Ubiquity Networks, like this one:
Did You Lose Software Your Controller?
Ubiquity Networks Wifi equipment creates Mesh networks that can be managed from the Cloud or on a local controller. Many installations often neglect to install a controller locally, so the installer takes the configuration profile with them and the home owner or campus ends up without a configuration that can be checked or upgraded. This may force the installation to be upgraded and basically at that point if you are reading this you should install some sort of Ubiquity Networks Controller, which should have been done during the initial installation.
Here is what the listing on Amazon describes:
- When installed at each deployment site, provide single sign-on management access to all of your sites’ networks. No separate software, licensing, hosting, or support fee.
- Managed Service and I.T. Providers – Use the Unifi Cloud Key to manage all of your customer’s UniFi networks.
- Provides a secure, private Single Sign-On to access all of your UniFi deployments from anywhere in the world.
- Add, provision, configure, monitor, and manage thousands of private networks from a central control website.
- Each UniFi Cloud Key is independent with its own network monitoring, configuration, maps, statistics, and admin accounts. USB cable not included
For $179 you can get the next generation Cloud Key (controller) from Ubiquity Networks.
Unifi Cloud Key Gen2
Manage your UniFi network with the new, more powerful UniFi Cloud Key G2. Configure your network in minutes with Bluetooth setup from the UniFi mobile applications. The new front panel display shows important network status information at a glance. A built-in battery provides protection against power loss.
UniFi Cloud Key Gen2
– 4X more powerful than the original Cloud Key
– Easy Bluetooth setup with UniFi mobile app
– Powered by 802.3af PoE or USB-C
– Built-in battery for automatic safe shutdown
– Front panel display for at-a-glance network details
The Unifi Cloud Key Gen2 was Sold Out (as of December 17, 2018).) . You can purchase a USG instead for now.
UniFi Security Gateway
added storage for Video Surveillance Cameras
For $199 the Unifi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus works as a Cloud Key and also has built in storage for cameras.
Unifi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus
Manage your UniFi networking and video devices simultaneously with the new multi-application UniFi Cloud Key G2 Plus. Designed for easy deployment, the Cloud Key G2 Plus can be quickly configured over Bluetooth using the UniFi mobile applications. The front panel display shows vital system stats for your UniFi networking hardware and UniFi Protect video cameras. A built-in battery provides protection against power loss. For video storage, it also includes a 1 TB HDD, which is upgradeable to 5 TB.
UniFi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus
- Includes UniFi Protect video surveillance software
- Includes UniFi SDN network management software
- Easy setup with UniFi and UniFi Protect mobile apps
- Powered by 802.3af PoE or QC 2.0 USB-C
- Built-in battery for automatic safe shutdown
- 1 TB 2.5″ hard drive included (upgradeable to 5 TB)
- Front panel display for at-a-glance system details