First, make sure you get the Cloud Controller installed on a Virtual Machine or purchase a Cloud Controller from Ubiquity Networks, like this one:
Did You Lose Your Controller?
Ubiquity Networks Wifi equipment creates Mesh networks that can be managed from the Cloud or on a local controller. Many installations often neglect to install a controller locally, so the installer takes the configuration profile with them and the home owner or campus ends up without a configuration that can be checked or upgraded. This may force the installation to be upgraded and basically at that point if you are reading this you should install some sort of Ubiquity Networks Controller, which should have been done during the initial installation.
Here is what the listing on Amazon describes:
- When installed at each deployment site, provide single sign-on management access to all of your sites’ networks. No separate software, licensing, hosting, or support fee.
- Managed Service and I.T. Providers – Use the Unifi Cloud Key to manage all of your customer’s UniFi networks.
- Provides a secure, private Single Sign-On to access all of your UniFi deployments from anywhere in the world.
- Add, provision, configure, monitor, and manage thousands of private networks from a central control website.
- Each UniFi Cloud Key is independent with its own network monitoring, configuration, maps, statistics, and admin accounts. USB cable not included