Ok let us see who can claim the honor of having the worst network for 2018. If we can identify a winner for 2018 we will gladly send you a Raspberry Pi 3. Please submit your entries by December 14, 2018.
Ok, let us take a look at some bad examples of poor planning in a network. Dirty workstations are one of the leading causes of Network Downtime in some places. 🙁 When things get bad computers break down, and people break down…
Some Tips for a Cleaner, better Organized Workstation and Network:
- Perform regular maintenance and physical clean up of your network and computer workstation
- Use anti-bacterial wipes around keyboard and work surfaces
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust from computer openings like fans
- Do keep a diagram of physical network wiring and logical network connections
- When doing clean up on your workstation it is a good time to check ergonomics
- Always put your tools away after use
- Perform clean up of your mobile device regularly by wiping down with a damp cloth and anti-bacterial wipes. Also remove mobile phone cover/case and wash if possible, then let it air dry.
Having sloppy wiring in your network makes add, moves, and changes much more difficult. Why take chances with downtime. Get organized and draft a visual representation of your network. Then you can work to isolate and clean up one portion of your network at a time without risking catastrophic downtime.
Keeping your computer workstation and network clean and organized can help prevent some sickness and also prevent your network from failing unexpectedly.